Sporttrade is poised to disrupt the sports betting industry with the first legal sports betting exchange in United States history. Built just like a financial exchange, our venue allows retail and institutional customers alike to trade on sports outcomes by buying and selling sports contracts (bets).
This position will report to the Director of the Exchange Technologies Group, a role held by one of the most influential pioneers of electronic trading and market microstructure. This is an extremely unique opportunity to learn from and work with a former executive from one of the most notable capital markets exchanges in the world.
Our mission is to create the most efficient and transparent exchange in the United States and become the premier venue for participants looking for the deepest liquidity and best prices in prediction markets.
We recognize that our company sits at the cross section of industries typically dominated by white males. But studies show that diverse workforces create better companies, so we are committed to actively encouraging an inclusive culture that celebrates the uniqueness and contributions of each individual. If you’re from a diverse background, we encourage you to apply!
- Co-lead the development and stewardship of the core trading exchange.
- Be an integral part in building a reliable, performant and easy to operate trading platform without accumulating technical debt.
- Maximize delivery under time constraints and prioritize features to be able to meet deadlines.
- Assume a leading role in the team once the product is launched into production
- 5+ years of experience building highly performant software applications
- Good understanding of threading models and memory management
- Familiarity with machine architecture and assembly language
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Good understanding of programming language and compilers concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Financial Markets experience a plus, but not required
- Ability and desire to learn
- Java/Kotlin JVM languages experience a plus
- Good development hygiene practices. Mainly, continuous Integration and Test Driven Development
- Fastidious yet flexible in finding new solutions to problems
- 100% Health Care Contribution
- Equity Options
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Leave
- Remote for foreseeable future
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com